Call for Papers — Satellite Meetings
Information Technology Section
- 5 February 2019, 21:30
Theme: "Robots in Libraries: Challenge or Opportunity?"
21-22 August 2019
Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau, Berlin, Germany
The rapid development in robotics and artificial intelligence technologies as well as the commercial availability of these products are making in-roads into libraries. Beyond automated storage and retrieval systems, we now have autonomous shelf reading robots, telepresence and humanoid robots, and chatbots and voice activated systems. Robots are becoming our co-workers and a number of libraries around the world have deployed different robots for internal operations as well as public services. This combination of skilled human resources and robotics technologies also complements library services in the fourth industrial revolution (4IR) era.
We invite proposals on topics including but not limited to the following:
– human-robot interaction, multiplicity
– robotics-related software, AI, machine learning, etc.
– robots for automation like book transport and inventory duties (excluding automated storage and retrieval system or ASRS)
– robots to teach coding in software
– robots as eye-catcher and for fun (promotion)
– humanoid robots for social interaction with clients and customers
Abstracts must include:
– Title of proposed presentation
– Abstract of the proposed paper (no more than 300 words)
– Name(s) of presenter(s) plus position/s and/or title(s)
– Language of presentation
– Employer/affiliated institution
Short biographical statement of presenter(s) (no more than 80 words)
Dates to keep in mind:
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program of the Satellite Meeting.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses for attending the satellite meeting (eg. travel, accommodation, etc.) are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on the Conference Participation Grants webpage.