Call for Posters
Application closed: 1 February 2019
Thank you for your participation!
All Poster Proposals are subject to approval by IFLA’s Professional Committee. A jury representing the Professional Committee will review all submissions and decide which Posters will be accepted.
Proposers should expect an update on the status of their proposals in mid-March.
In 2019, IFLA is seeking applications to present a poster during IFLA WLIC in Athens. Successful applications will:
- Present a new idea/service/programme or application of technology that has a clear relationship to the theme of WLIC (Libraries: Dialogue for change); or to the specific Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) being reported on by countries in 2019.
- Lend itself to a poster session; is not too abstract;
- Be inspiring to others.
Additional criteria for evaluation include:
- Appear to be clearly explained;
- Not duplicate another poster, not have the same presenter as another poster (a presenter must be present during the poster session to explain the poster to viewers);
- Describe a project that is ongoing or near completion, not one that is yet to start.
Your topic could be described on a printed poster or by photographs, graphics and text that you attach to the presentation panel. All IFLA official languages – Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Russian and Spanish – are welcome.
For printed posters, the standard poster size of DIN A0 841mm wide x 1189mm high is the minimum size. It is recommended that a printed poster be no larger than 900mm wide and 1900mm high.
If you are using photographs, graphics and text, these should also fit within the area of 900mm wide and 1900mm high.
Presenters of a poster will be expected to be present on Monday 26 and Tuesday 27 August 2019 in order to explain their poster and to hand out any leaflets, or other information materials, they have available for viewers of their poster. Each presenter can therefore only present one poster. Any organization that submits more than one application should indicate a priority to their submissions or confirm there will be enough staff members available for the presentation.
Best IFLA Poster 2019
At the congress the jury will view all posters and select the winner of the Best IFLA Poster 2019 based on the evaluation criteria outlined above. The winner will be announced at the Closing Ceremony.
01 February 2019
Deadline for applications. The online form will not be available after this date.
IFLA Headquarters will inform applicants of the final decision of the Professional Committee.
25 August 2019
Posters to be placed on presentation panels at the Congress.
26-27 August 2019
Poster sessions at the Congress
Please contact: email@example.com.
Posters & Photos from 2018 Poster Session in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia:
Best IFLA poster