Call for Papers — Satellite Meetings
Health and Biosciences Libraries Section
- 31 January 2019, 16:09
Theme: "International and local developments that enhance scholarly communication in the biomedical and social sciences"
23 August 2019
National & Kapodistrian University of Athens. Library of Health Sciences
1. Open data (e.g. research transparency, research databases, compliance with legislation such as data protection)
2. Role of the data librarian
3. Academic libraries’ roles in managing new relationships among researchers for open science, research administration and librarians
4. Journal metrics – traditional and alt-metrics
5. Greek developments in open access, in open access publishing and in open research data
The abstract (word limit of 500 words) must include the following:
– Title of proposed presentation (in English)
– Subtheme / Topic that best fits your session
– Presenter(s) name, position, affiliation, email address, telephone
– Type of paper -original research, systematic review, case study, theory/opinion
– Biographical note (100 words maximum) for presenter/authors
The structured abstract should follow guidelines http://www.mlanet.org/page/structured-abstract
Each presentation will last 20 minutes (15 minutes plus 5 minutes questions)
Please submit abstracts by 15 March 2019 as an attachment in MS Word to:
Asimina Vlachaki, Member of the Standing Committee
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , copied to
Please title the email “IFLA abstract”. Receipt of all submissions will be confirmed.
15th March 2019: Deadline for submission of abstract
12th April 2019: Deadline for notification to authors
10th June 2019: Deadline for submission of full text
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program of the Satellite Meeting.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses for attending the satellite meeting (eg. travel, accommodation, etc.) are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on the Conference Participation Grants webpage.