Call for Papers — Satellite Meetings
Acquisition and Collection Development Section
- 3 February 2019, 16:20
Theme: "Building Digital Libraries through International Collaboration"
** CANCELLED! **
21-22 August 2019
American University of Cairo, New Cairo, Egypt
Satellite Meeting focus
The satellite meeting will focus on building digital libraries within and among countries. It will explore collaboration models that utilize national resources with an international scope.
Possible Topics for Proposals
– Case studies presenting national and international collaboration on digital library construction
– Theory on conceptualization and creation of digital libraries
– Building digital libraries: challenges and opportunities of international collaboration
– User experience of digital libraries
Interested parties are invited to submit an abstract (maximum 500 words) in English for a proposed paper.
The submission should include the following:
– Name(s) and affiliation(s) of author(s)/presenter(s)
– Proposed title of the paper
– Topic that best fits your session
– Proposed abstract of the paper (no more than 500 words)
– Brief biographical information of all author(s)/presenter(s) (no more than 50 words)
– Contact information, including email, of all author(s)/presenter(s)
All submissions will be reviewed by members of the Acquisition & Collection Development Section. Selection will be based on proposal content and relevancy to the conference theme. The abstracts, final papers (and finished presentations) will be original, previously unpublished work.
Please submit the proposal(s) as an attachment in MS Word and indicate “ACD Satellite Proposal” in the subject line to:
Lilly Hoi Sze Ho
Email : Lilly.HO@zu.ac.ae
with a copy to
All proposals must be received by
15 March 2019 the extended deadline of 7 April 2019.
7 April 2019: Deadline submission of abstract
15 April 2019: Deadline notification to authors
15 June 2019: Deadline submission of full text
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program of the Satellite Meeting.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses for attending the satellite meeting (eg. travel, accommodation, etc.) are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on the Conference Participation Grants webpage.