Call for Papers — Open Sessions
Government Libraries joint with Library and Research Services for Parliaments Sections
- 14 January 2019, 18:35
Theme: "Libraries: dialogue for change – From gatekeeping to advocacy"
** Deadline extended to 29 March 2019 **
The Government Libraries and Library and Research Services for Parliaments Sections invite proposals for short presentations to be presented at a two-hour programme at the forthcoming IFLA General Conference, to be held on August 2019 in Athens, Greece.
The session aims to address the ways that Government Libraries and Parliaments collaborate and promote the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We welcome proposals from individuals and organizations who can share views/experiences/stories and implementations on Government/Parliamentary libraries/librarians helping to provide information and evidence related to the achievement of the SDGs. The selected speakers will deliver short presentations lasting 10 minutes (maximum) and participate in an interactive session with a Knowledge Cafe format.
Subjects of interest may include:
- Official collaborations amongst Government Ministries/Departments/Agencies for the promotion/advocacy of the public right to access information and data.
- Experiences/collaborations of engaging with library users of Government/Parliamentary circles to deliver/implement evidence-based policies linked to UN SDGs
- Participation of Government Libraries/Parliamentary Libraries networks in the promotion/advocacy of the role of libraries/librarians in development/contributing to the SDGs
- Stories and examples on how the SDGs can provide a vehicle for the interest of Government/Parliamentary libraries and their users.
Proposals should include:
- Title of the presentation
- A detailed abstract of no more than 800 words
- Name, e-mail address, position (title) of presenter(s)
- A brief biographical statement of no more than 100 words
Important dates and timelines:
Please email your proposals before
8 March 2019 by the extended deadline of 29 March 2019 to:
Guillermo A. García Capcha
The proposals will be evaluated and notification of acceptance/rejection will be sent by 5 April 2019.
The session will be conducted in English. All proposals and presentations will be required to be in English. Final papers can be submitted in one of the official IFLA working languages. If the paper is written in other official IFLA language than English, an accompanying translation in English must be attached.
For more information, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
All proposals must be in by 29 March 2019.
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program in Athens. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on the Conference Participation Grants webpage.