IFLA New Professionals WLIC Attendance Grants
It is our great pleasure to announce a new category of grant, specifically targeting new professionals with 3 to 10 years of experience. These grants aim to empower and motivate newer librarians to engage with the international library field. The IFLA New Professionals grant will provide support for 48 delegates to attend the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2019 in Athens, Greece.
What does the grant cover?
The grant will cover the full registration fee which will be done through an online booking system, using a special code.
Applicants must be able to attend the Congress and will be responsible for all other costs associated with Congress attendance.
- The grant is available to librarians and library workers from all library types.
- The applicant should have 3 to 10 years of experience in a library or information service.
- The applicant must be a member of his/her national library association.
- Priority is given to applicants who are a first-time attendee to the IFLA World Library and Information Congress.
- The applicant must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
- The applicant must declare that she/he is able to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the Congress, e.g. all other hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the Grant.
How to apply?
The application should include a single file combining the following documents:
- Motivation letter, outlining the professional benefit for them to attend WLIC (max 300 words);
- One-page Curriculum Vitae containing academic qualifications, work history and involvement in professional activities or library innovation projects;
- A declaration that the applicant is able to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the IFLA WLIC, e.g. all other hotel, travel and subsistence expenses not covered by the grant;
- Proof of membership of national library association (i.e. copy of membership card, letter from the association etc.);
- A statement indicating that you have approval from your employer, if you are a recipient of this Grant, to attend the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Athens, Greece.
Applications should be submitted in English language to: email@example.com. Please include “IFLA WLIC New professionals grant application” in the email subject line.
The deadline for applications is 15 March 2019.
Successful applicants will be notified that they have
received a full registration to the Congress by
16 April 13 May 2019. Applicants must
confirm their attendance within two weeks of notification.