2019 IFLA WLIC Participation Grants
With a generous contribution from Angela Bersekowski’s legacy, IFLA is pleased to be able to offer an increased number of participation grants. In 2019, 40 grants to attend the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Athens, Greece, will be available.
What does the grant cover?
The grant will cover the full registration fee which will be done through an online booking system, using a special code.
Applicants must be able to attend the Congress and will be responsible for all other costs associated with Congress attendance.
- The grant is available to librarians and library workers from all library types.
- The applicant must be a member of his/her national library association.
- Priority is given to applicants who are a first-time attendee to the IFLA World Library and Information Congress.
- The applicant must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
- The applicant must declare that she/he is able to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the Congress, e.g. all hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the Grant.
How to apply?
The application should include a single PDF file merging the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (one page max);
- Your motivation concerning the professional benefit of attending the conference (max. 200 words);
- A declaration that the applicant is able to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the IFLA WLIC, e.g. all other hotel, travel and subsistence expenses not covered by the grant;
- Proof of membership of national library association (i.e. copy of membership card, letter from the association etc.);
- A statement indicating that you have approval from your employer, if you are a recipient of this Grant, to attend the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Athens, Greece.
Applications should be submitted in English language to: email@example.com. Please include “IFLA WLIC Participation Grant” in the email subject line.
Submission deadline is 20 March 2019.
Successful candidates will be notified by
the end of April 13 May 2019.