Stavros Niarchos Foundation Grants for Greek Librarians to attend IFLA WLIC 2019
IFLA is pleased to announce extended support for Greek librarians to attend the IFLA WLIC 2019 for the first time in their home country. With a generous donation from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, grants in the form of 45 full registrations are now available.
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is the Lead Donor for the IFLA Congress, also providing support for the Cultural Evening, a showcase of Greek culture and the key networking occasion of the Congress. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation has provided significant funding over many years for the development of libraries such as the National Library of Greece, and also for the creation of library networks across Greece and neighbouring countries. IFLA appreciates their involvement in helping to make IFLA WLIC a key moment of inspiration for the library field throughout Greece.
The registration grant is available to librarians (preferred) and library workers from Greece from all library types. We strongly encourage public/municipal librarians and school librarians from all regions of Greece to apply.
What does the grant cover?
The grant will cover the full registration fee for the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2019.
- The grant is available to librarians (preferred) and library workers from Greece from all library types. We strongly encourage public/municipal librarians and school librarians from all regions of Greece to apply.
- The applicant should have at least two years of experience in a library or information service.
- Applicants must have a reasonable level of English or another of IFLA’s languages and must provide their application in English. Applicants may be contacted for a brief interview.
- The applicant must declare that she/he is able to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the Congress, e.g. all hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the Grant.
How to apply?
The application should include a single PDF file merging the following documents:
- Contact details,
- A one-page motivation letter, outlining the professional benefit for them to attend WLIC,
- A one-page Curriculum Vitae containing academic qualifications, work history and involvement in professional activities or library innovation projects,
- A declaration that the applicant is able to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the IFLA WLIC, e.g. all other hotel, travel and subsistence expenses not covered by the grant,
- A statement indicating that you have approval from your employer, if you are a recipient of this Grant, to attend the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Athens, Greece.
Applications should be submitted in English language to: email@example.com. Please include “IFLA WLIC Stavros Niarchos Foundation Grant” in the email subject line.
Submission deadline is 14 June 2019.
Successful applicants will be notified that they have received a full registration to the Congress by 7 July, 2019. Applicants must confirm their attendance within two weeks of notification.