Onassis Grants for Greek Librarians to attend IFLA WLIC 2019
It is our great pleasure to announce a grant specifically available for librarians from Greece. With the support of the Onassis Foundation, IFLA has funds to provide support for delegates to attend the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2019 in Athens, Greece.
These grants aim to empower and motivate librarians to engage in the most international library conference, coming to their country.
What does the grant cover?
The grant will cover the full registration fee for the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2019.
- The grant is available to librarians (preferred) and library workers from Greece from all library types.
- The applicant should have at least two years of experience in a library or information service.
- Applicants must have a reasonable level of English or another of IFLA’s languages and must provide their application in English. Applicants may be contacted for a brief interview.
- The applicant must declare that she/he is able to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the Congress, e.g. all hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the Grant.
How to apply?
The application should include a single PDF file merging the following documents:
- Contact details,
- A one-page motivation letter, outlining the professional benefit for them to attend WLIC,
- A one-page Curriculum Vitae containing academic qualifications, work history and involvement in professional activities or library innovation projects,
- A declaration that the applicant is able to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the IFLA WLIC, e.g. all other hotel, travel and subsistence expenses not covered by the grant,
- A statement indicating that you have approval from your employer, if you are a recipient of this Grant, to attend the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Athens, Greece.
Applications should be submitted in English language to: email@example.com. Please include “IFLA WLIC Onassis Grant” in the email subject line.
Submission deadline is 14 June 2019.
Successful applicants will be notified that they have received a full registration to the Congress by 7 July, 2019. Applicants must confirm their attendance within two weeks of notification.