Naseej Academy Grant for IFLA WLIC 2019
Naseej Academy and the International Federation of Library Associations Center for Arabic Speaking Libraries (IFLA–CASL) announce the Naseej Academy Grant to Attend the IFLA Annual Conference. Applications are invited from librarians and information specialists from the Arab world who wish to attend the World Library and Information Congress (WLIC) organized by IFLA. This year’s conference will be held in Athens, Greece, on August 24–30, 2019.
- The grant is awarded to a library and information specialist from the Arab world.
- Priority is given to applicants presenting paper(s) during the conference, or who have an active role in the conference.
- A joint committee from IFLA-CASL and Naseej Academy will select the winner of the grant.
- The grant covers travel, accommodation and registration expenses for one person, up to a value of USD 2,000.
- The winner is to make their own arrangements related to participation procedures, online registration, accommodation (at a hotel chosen by Naseej Academy), flights and visas. Expenses up to the grant amount will be repaid within one month after the conference, to ensure the recipient’s commitment to the grant. In the case of failure –for any reason– to attend the conference, the winner will bear all expenses without any liability on the part of Naseej Academy.
- The winner will prepare a professional report documenting their participation in various activities at the conference, and describing how that participation will benefit their institution.
Please visit the Naseej Grant webpage (in Arabic)
- Deadline for applications:
14 March 201928 March 2019
- The grant winner will be announced on
4 April 201911 April 2019
About Naseej Academy
Naseej Academy is a non-profit initiative that seeks to support and develop the leadership of the library, information and knowledge sectors in the Arab world. It offers a comprehensive range of courses, workshops and continuing education programs in cooperation with local, regional and international agencies. To that end, Naseej Academy is committed to enlisting the world’s industry experts in shaping the future of libraries, and in developing and motivating librarians.