Have your say: don’t miss the General Assembly!
The IFLA 2019 General Assembly will be held today on Wednesday 28 August from 16:15–18:00 in Lambrakis Hall and will reconvene at the Closing Session on Thursday 29 August from 16:15–18:00.
The General Assembly is the annual general meeting of IFLA members. At this meeting, the President, Treasurer, and Secretary General will report on IFLA’s annual activities and strategic directions.
Have your say!
The General Assembly is the highest governance level of the Federation and its key function is to determine the purposes and values of the Federation as a whole. All IFLA Members or their representatives are entitled to speak at the General Assembly and have a right to vote if quorum is reached. Voting can’t take place unless quorum is reached, so it is crucial that all eligible members (or their sanctioned representatives) who are in Athens participate in this session.
Non-voting members are also encouraged to attend, as it is an opportunity to show IFLA’s commitment to transparency and a “bottom-up” democratic process of governance.
- Opening by the President, Glòria Pérez-Salmerón
- Appointment of Tellers
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Minutes of the previous meeting, held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 28 and 29 August 2018
- In memoriam of those members who have died during the past year
- Presentation of the Report of the President
- Presentation of IFLA’s Annual Report by the Secretary General
- Presentation of the Annual Accounts by the Treasurer
- Formal announcement of the Results of the Postal Ballot for the Election of President-elect and for places on the Governing Board by the Secretary General
- Motions and Resolutions
1 Motion to approve the holding of the next General Assembly in August 2020
(Art 8.2 of the Statutes refers)
11.2 Motion to approve Membership fees 2019-2021
11.3 Motion to hold the election of the 10th member of the Governing Board [withdrawn]
- Motion to adjourn and reconvene at 16.15 on Thursday, 29 August 2019