Call for Papers — Open Sessions
Women, Information, & Libraries Special Interest Group in partnership with Libraries without borders
- 30 January 2019, 19:25
Theme: "Building Best Practices to serve Women & Girls"
The Women, Information, & Libraries Special Interest Group in partnership with Libraries without borders invites you to submit proposals for our session around Building Best Practices to serve Women & Girls at the IFLA World Congress in Athens Greece, August 24- 30th.
We are looking for proposals that outline concrete examples of how you have successfully or unsuccessfully reached out to and supported women and girls in your local community, gotten them into your spaces, attended your events, and what you have learned from those experiences. We are hoping for a wide variety of experiences from serving women and girls in cities, rural areas, indigenous communities, refugee camps, and everything in between. We plan to build off these experiences during the session to publish a series of best practices and thematic kits to train actors around the world in empowerment of women and children across the globe.
Proposal for the Open Session must be submitted by 15 March 2019 and should clearly include:
– Title of the proposed presentation,
– Abstract of proposed paper, no more than 500 words, in English,
– Curriculum vitae of the author(s),
– Contact details and professional affiliation(s).
Selection of papers is based on the abstract, and presenters will be notified whether they have been successful by 1 April 2019.
1. The full paper is due by 15 June 2019 and must be an original submission not presented or published elsewhere.
2. Both abstracts and full papers should be submitted as a MS Word file by e-mail.
3. The author(s) should include their full contact details and brief biographical notes.
4. The language of the session is expected to be English. However, presenters may also give their talk in any of the IFLA working languages. Simultaneous translation will not be provided; therefore, presenters are strongly encouraged to provide the PowerPoint in English to facilitate understanding of the ideas presented.
All proposals must be received by 15 March 2019.
Please email your abstract to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
15 March 2019 – All proposals must be received;
1 April 2019 – Successful candidates will be notified;
15 June 2019 – Full paper and author permission form due.
Presentation at the Conference
A maximum of 15 minutes will be allowed for the presentation of each paper during the joint session; the full written paper is not to be read. It is strongly recommended that the presentation is supported by a visual element such as a short video clip or PowerPoint, Prezi, or other presentation software.
For further questions or clarifications, and to submit proposals, please reach out to WILSIG Co-Convenors:
Mathilde Koskas & Evviva Weinraub
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program in Athens. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to authors.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage.