Call for Papers — Open Sessions
Latin America and Caribbean Section
- 22 January 2019, 12:37
Theme: "Innovating in times of change: how libraries in Latin America respond to changes in education, infrastructure, services, etc."
The Latin America and Caribbean Section (IFLA LAC) invites the library sector to participate presenting papers related to innovation in libraries considering not only innovation in the technological area, but aspects related to education, services, users, among others.
IFLA LAC seeks to present at the IFLA WLIC 2019 projects, programs, plans that aim to include innovation and continuous improvement in libraries to respond to universal changes in the sector. These innovations should make it possible to offer a quality service adapted to the digital era and other trends, positioning and defending the role played by libraries and librarians in social development and the defense of the 2030 Agenda. All are invited to contribute experiences, testimonies or evidence related to the main topic of the session.
- Innovations in the competencies of LIS professionals: library education: challenges and new roles and profiles of professionals and users.
- Innovations in infrastructure: library buildings, reading spaces, spaces for children and youngsters, for the elderly and for handicapped persons. Virtual spaces, networks and telecommunications.
- Innovations in the creation and publishing of information: the audio-visual and virtual worlds and the challenges for libraries and their users.
- Innovations in different environments and types of education and research.
- Other innovative experiences related to the central topic of the session.
Proposals should be 500-600 words. They should include: topic, objective, methodology, findings, outcomes and originality. All personal information required for evaluation.
Up to 4 papers will be selected based on the abstract.
Papers should be 3000-5000 words, original submissions not previously published.
Paper should be written in any of the IFLA’s official languages (preferred: English, Spanish, or French).
At least one of the authors must be present in the Open Session in Athens to deliver the paper.
Authors of accepted papers should complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
Authors will have 15 minutes for their presentation in the Open Session.
1 March 2019: Deadline for abstract submission (500-600 words)
18 March 2019: Successful authors will be notified.
15 May 2019: Suggestions for changes are sent to authors.
30 May 2019: Full text should be uploaded to the IFLA WLIC 2019 site.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on the Conference Participation Grants webpage.