Call for Papers — Open Sessions
Government Information and Official Publications Section
- 18 January 2019, 15:18
Theme: "International Financial Institutions, Governments, and Austerity: Banks, Bailouts, and Information on Global Debt Crises "
The Government Information and Official Publications Section (GIOPS) of IFLA invites interested individuals to submit proposals for the open session at the World Library and Information Congress in Athens, Greece from 24-30, August 2019. GIOPS solicits submissions around the theme of International Financial Institutions, Governments, and Austerity: Banks, Bailouts, and Information on Global Debt Crises.
GIOPS is especially interested in papers that discuss or evaluate information from international organizations, central banks, and other sources relevant to the study of national, regional, or international debt crises and the resulting calls for austerity. Potential speakers may include, but are not limited to, information professionals, scholars, activists, government officials, and librarians. We welcome participants from a broad range of institutions, including but not limited to International Organizations, National Governments, Central Banks, Government Libraries, Government Documentation Centres, and other institutions with expertise in economic and financial information and its role in public policy.
Potential topics include:
– Government information and financial crises
– Public information, the media, and economic policy
– NGO information and anti-austerity
– Financial & economic data reproducibility/transparency
– Finding and evaluating economic and financial data
– Scholarly communication and austerity
– Other topics relevant to the theme
All proposals must be received by 15 March 2019.
Proposals must be submitted by email to:
Jim Church, Section Chair, Government Information and Official Publications Section
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
– Title of the presentation
– A detailed abstract of no more than 800 words
– Name, e-mail address, position (title) of presenter(s)
– A brief biographical statement of no more than 100 words
- 15 March 2019: Deadline for submitting proposals for open session
- 10 April 2019: Successful Speakers will be notified
- 6 May 2019: Deadline for submission of completed papers to GIOPS. The paper should be no more than 3000 words in length. The paper should be in one of the IFLA official languages, but the conference language will be English.
- 1 July 2019: Deadline for submitting any Power Point slides that will be used in the presentation.
Both abstracts and full papers should be submitted as an MS Word file by email. Proposed papers must be original and not published elsewhere
For questions please contact Jim Church, Section Chair, Government Information and Official Publications Section
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program in Greece. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers. Single day registration for the conference is available.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided directly by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to authors. A list of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on the Conference Participation Grants webpage.